Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

NEVER use a SanDisk Ultra. It is perhaps the worst card that you can use. Be sure to use a card off of this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
Preferably 64GB.
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I need to add my name to this list. Hero7 Black received it 12-31-18 Samsung EVO 64GB card, GoPro battery, and Mibote batteries. First use was in Wyoming snowmobiling, outside air temp lower 20’s, the camera mounted to a chest mount. Standard stock settings on the camera used the shutter button to turn on to record and then again to stop recording. All the videos worked great. Camera updated via GoPro Quick desktop app on a MAC last week maybe 1-24-19. Used it again this weekend 1-26/27 snowmobiling in Michigan, outside temp was 7 or lower, same memory card, same stock setting, using the shutter button to record, camera on top of the helmet. Most videos stopped recording an image at about 15 - 30 seconds, but the sound kept recording. I’m assuming I’m on the most current firmware. Will be watching this thread for a fix.

Sightseer

Has this issue now been resolved? It was incredibly disappointing to find that the majority of the footage from the best filming session I've ever had was all but unusable.

Sightseer

I have TWO GoPro 7 freezing... Firmware 1.7

One is shooting 1080-60 and the other is time lapse photos. SD cards used Samsung evo 64, 

Lexar 633x 64gb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFtsrulqI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRvleVikqw&t=4s

Uploaded by Rafael Ganzaroli on 2019-02-02.
Uploaded by Rafael Ganzaroli on 2019-02-04.
Highlighted
Tourist

for GoPro guys, please priority this as P0 problem.  

It must be fixed ASAP. Otherwise, I will never use any GoPro product.

Explorer

@rafaelg17
You might want to try with a recommended SD card.
Tourist

joeyr541, have you made any progress with the video freezing issues you’ve described? I have the same issues as you. Very frustrating!
Tourist

This is obviously a problem with the GoPro that needs to be fixed ASAP, I have the same issue happening with only the gopro 7, my 6 and 5 work fine. Updated to new firmware, recommended sd card and all.

I've lost so many good clips. 

It also sounds like the 7 has issues in low temperatures and the last update fixed some, but not all the issues. As I read the comments, it looks like we most have this issue in cold environment when the battery starting to freeze and everything in the camera gets kinda slow.