12-23-2018 02:57 PM
12-23-2018 03:56 PM
hello, I just tried it in my house recently installed the update and it seems that it is going well, but the failure was occasional and I will have to try it more times
12-23-2018 11:05 PM
I have the newest update installed. I notized that the freezing is related to the battery power. At a lower battery state the chance of freezing increases (starts at around 20%). There was also no noticeable difference to the previous firmware.
12-23-2018 11:46 PM
12-24-2018 09:53 AM - edited 12-24-2018 09:54 AM
@mariustanya I experienced the same issue yesterday even after applying the 1.61 firmware update to the camera. I've updated the firmware manually.
The issue was the same as before, with the same settings I've reported previously and in this case not using QuikCapture. I have a couple of hours of video that captured just fine, but during one recording session at just under 18 minutes in the frozen video happened again. Similar to most past instances the issue starts at the very beginning of one of the file segments (GX010039.MP4 and GX020039.MP4 are fine, GX030039.MP4 shows the problem starting in the first few seconds).
One other detail I just noticed about the file that has the issue is that it is much longer than a normal segment. With my current settings each file segment gets split at 8 minutes 53 seconds / 4.01 GB. In this case the file segment with the issue (GX030039.MP4) is 14 minutes 59 seconds and 3.48 GB. I'm assuming this is just because the frozen image doesn't take much space and the algorithm for splitting files is based on file size and not time, but I'm including this detail in case it helps figure anything out.
Regarding the comment from @bravestar55076 about this happening more often with a low battery I haven't paid attention to the battery level so I can't say for certain one way or the other whether this applies in my case, but I'll pay attention to this in the future. I do know of at least one case where the issue happened with a nearly full battery; in this case the issue happened at the very beginning of a recording session (I noticed it before the display screen had even shut off when I started the recording), but this was unusual--the issue usually happens during longer recording sessions.
12-24-2018 06:35 PM - edited 12-24-2018 06:37 PM
in 1.51 never had this kind of issues.
updated to 1.61 - without formating before the SD card
and I encounter in 2 days, 3 times exactly what you said.
- split video screen
- freeze image
- at the end freeze camera
Plus, the camera was slow responding:
- in menu
- power on/off
- when stop a video recording
- in undestand voice commands
What I did is:
- factory reset on H7 - I did not make the initial setup (language, pair with phone, etc....), power off
- format SD card in the laptop
- copied the UPDATE folder
- made the manual update
- format again the SD card
- went through the initial setings (language, pair with phone...)
the effect is visible:
- camera moves between menus very well
- no more delays in responding to power on/off, to video stop recording
- understands the voice commands better
- I recorded more than 70h of video, all 4K, with and w/o Protune, w and w/o stabilization - no more freeze, no more issues.
give it a try...
---and do not forget the rule of tumb:
- gopro is not good at all in dealing with "holes" in the SD card space
- so do not delete files from SD card
- copy what you need from the card
- and format it before starting a new video session, from camera menu