Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero6 turns itself on, won't stay off.

I did everything, update manually, reset... and it still turning on itself. Since the battery is small and I need to keep it in the gimbal, this is a very bad issue. How can gopro can not do anything about this?

@graysonking wrote:

And since the GoPro rep I just chatted with said they're blocked from Vimeo, here's the same video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/xHh40JkljGI

This illustrates the main problem pretty well.

Another detail:  My camera also sporadically/spontaneously activates its screen lock, when I'm not even touching the camera.  May or may not be related.

And FWIW, the GoPro rep I chatted with had clearly not encountered this issue before.  She ended up suggesting that I return the camera for a replacement, though I'm not at all convinced it's a hardware issue at all.  If you ask me, this REALLY needs to percolate up to the developers for a real solution.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grandoasis04727

Thank you for your efforts in completing the step suggested.

If the manual update and the reset does not sort out the issue, please contact our Support Team to further check on this.

They are available via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I was just off with GoPro.  Essentially, they have released a beta version of the software.  My service rep said that eventually they will issue an update, but no ETA.  This is my second Hero 6 with the exact same problem.  He said some of the cameras do not have the problem.  I asked them why the camera cannot be tested before they get sent out.  He said they don't do that....WTH???

This is the first GoPro product I have owned and I can tell you it will be the last.  To go through this twice and for support to tell me to 'just turn off the wifi' on the camera to solve the problem.  Shocking that GoPro does not test the cameras before they release.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue, after 2 returned hero 6 cameras and lots of failed overseas customer service I realized it is my Samsung Galaxy somehow allowing the camera to turn on.  When I went to preferences and turned off Wireless Connections the camera stayed off, i also trouble shooted it by turning on wireless connections and turning off bluetooth that also corrected the issue.  So after all that it is the bluetooth connection turning the camera back on.  Until they correct the issue with andriods bluetooth I will be keeping wireless connection off unless it is to auto update to the plus cloud.  Hope this helps.