Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero6 turns itself on, won't stay off.

[ New ]

Just got my Hero6, used it a few time yesterday and it was fine. Today it won't stay turned off. Whether I turn it off with the button or through the app after a few seconds it comes back on by itself. I've turned the voice control completely off. I'm on HD6.01.01.60.00. I thought maybe it was something with the app so I closed the app on my phone (S8). It was still turning on by itself after closing the app. Then I shut my phone off completely. Once I did that it stopped turning itself on. 

Anyone else have this? Guess I'll reset the cam, reinstall the app, etc.

Tourist

Re: Hero6 turns itself on, won't stay off.

[ New ]

Do you have Spotify installed? When I updated my Spotify App this problem went away for me.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Anche a me stesso problema, si accende da solo, soluzioni?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem here it is frustrating!!

Is there a solution? It happens regardless of if my phone is on or not and it has never even been paired to it. I deleted the app and spotify just to be sure.

My hero6 came with version 1.55 firmware and it still does it with 1.60... any solution?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue here.  Captured a video of the problem here:

https://vimeo.com/264887086

Voice control is turned off completely.  I even force-quit the GoPro app on my phone just in case that was causing the problem; no change.

One other detail:  The phone does NOT make any sound when turning itself on.  When I turn it on normally, it always makes the "3-beep" turn-on sound, and when I turn it off of course it makes the "7-beep" turn-off sound.  But when it turns itself on, it makes NO sound!

I'm finding many instances of this issue being reported on the forums, but nothing resembling a solution that I've yet found.  Infuriating!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

And since the GoPro rep I just chatted with said they're blocked from Vimeo, here's the same video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/xHh40JkljGI

This illustrates the main problem pretty well.

Another detail:  My camera also sporadically/spontaneously activates its screen lock, when I'm not even touching the camera.  May or may not be related.

And FWIW, the GoPro rep I chatted with had clearly not encountered this issue before.  She ended up suggesting that I return the camera for a replacement, though I'm not at all convinced it's a hardware issue at all.  If you ask me, this REALLY needs to percolate up to the developers for a real solution.

Problem with GoPro Hero6. It won't stay turned off; keeps turning itself on automatically for no known reason, and doesn't even make the sound letting you kn...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

Please try a manual software update. Once completed, proceed with a factory reset (Preferences> Factory Reset).

Let us know how it goes.

You may contact our Support Team if it's still not fixed. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Got the same problem.. Returned the go pro, got a new one and same problem again.. don't know what to do.