Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero6 turns itself on, won't stay off.

Just got my Hero6, used it a few time yesterday and it was fine. Today it won't stay turned off. Whether I turn it off with the button or through the app after a few seconds it comes back on by itself. I've turned the voice control completely off. I'm on HD6.01.01.60.00. I thought maybe it was something with the app so I closed the app on my phone (S8). It was still turning on by itself after closing the app. Then I shut my phone off completely. Once I did that it stopped turning itself on. 

Anyone else have this? Guess I'll reset the cam, reinstall the app, etc.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 turns itself on, won't stay off.

Do you have Spotify installed? When I updated my Spotify App this problem went away for me.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Anche a me stesso problema, si accende da solo, soluzioni?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here it is frustrating!!

Is there a solution? It happens regardless of if my phone is on or not and it has never even been paired to it. I deleted the app and spotify just to be sure.

My hero6 came with version 1.55 firmware and it still does it with 1.60... any solution?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue here.  Captured a video of the problem here:

https://vimeo.com/264887086

Voice control is turned off completely.  I even force-quit the GoPro app on my phone just in case that was causing the problem; no change.

One other detail:  The phone does NOT make any sound when turning itself on.  When I turn it on normally, it always makes the "3-beep" turn-on sound, and when I turn it off of course it makes the "7-beep" turn-off sound.  But when it turns itself on, it makes NO sound!

I'm finding many instances of this issue being reported on the forums, but nothing resembling a solution that I've yet found.  Infuriating!!

Problem with GoPro Hero6. It won't stay turned off; keeps turning itself on automatically for no known reason, and doesn't even make the sound letting you know it's turning on. Voice control is turned off completely, so that's not it. I've force-quit the GoPro app on my phone just in case that was
Highlighted
Sightseer

And since the GoPro rep I just chatted with said they're blocked from Vimeo, here's the same video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/xHh40JkljGI

This illustrates the main problem pretty well.

Another detail:  My camera also sporadically/spontaneously activates its screen lock, when I'm not even touching the camera.  May or may not be related.

And FWIW, the GoPro rep I chatted with had clearly not encountered this issue before.  She ended up suggesting that I return the camera for a replacement, though I'm not at all convinced it's a hardware issue at all.  If you ask me, this REALLY needs to percolate up to the developers for a real solution.

Problem with GoPro Hero6. It won't stay turned off; keeps turning itself on automatically for no known reason, and doesn't even make the sound letting you kn...
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

Please try a manual software update. Once completed, proceed with a factory reset (Preferences> Factory Reset).

Let us know how it goes.

You may contact our Support Team if it's still not fixed. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Got the same problem.. Returned the go pro, got a new one and same problem again.. don't know what to do.