Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero6 - glitchy frames

My new GoPro Hero6 produces glitchy frames with 1080p / 240fps recording.

GoPro App Screenshot

The device has been updated to the latest firmware and this is the SD card I'm using: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B071V61XH7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any ideas where this is coming from?

Should I return the device?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero6 - glitchy frames

Hello @grandwave62400

This is definitely not an image quality that you should get from the HERO6 Black camera. Good to know that your camera is already updated to the latest firmware. Also, the SD card that you are using is a recommended one. Which media player and which device are you using to playback your GoPro media? Is the playback also glitching on the camera itself? 

See if the steps to correcting choppy playback discussed here will help clear the issue. Furthermore, media captured in 1080p at 240 fps uses HEVC. You can read more about description, requirements and limits to playback of HEVC files here.  Feel free to post back for any questions or concerns that you might have. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @grandwave62400

This is definitely not an image quality that you should get from the HERO6 Black camera. Good to know that your camera is already updated to the latest firmware. Also, the SD card that you are using is a recommended one. Which media player and which device are you using to playback your GoPro media? Is the playback also glitching on the camera itself? 

See if the steps to correcting choppy playback discussed here will help clear the issue. Furthermore, media captured in 1080p at 240 fps uses HEVC. You can read more about description, requirements and limits to playback of HEVC files here.  Feel free to post back for any questions or concerns that you might have. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

I tried the GoPro app on an iPad and QuickTime on a Macbook Pro. Same result on both devices.

When I play it on the camera, it seems like the video jumps back and forth some milliseconds sporadically. I cannot see the glitches there.

GoPro

Hi @grandwave62400

It would be best to contact a GoPro Customer Support. 

They might have a resolution. 

Contact Support

Best Regards,

-Jay