Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero6 freezing on saving video

I've got 2 Hero6 with identical SD-cards. I've not marked them so I can't tell one from the other, but one of these things tends to freeze on saving. I've seen it only in 4K 30 fps so far. I tend to format the SD-card when it happens and keep formatting till it saves, but my suspicion is it's something with the camera. I'll on the display see it's recording with 50% of the screen filming what I'm filming, and the other 50% being a still image from the start of the recording or similar. When it freezes on saving and I reset, I always find videos like that in my media library. Is anyone else experiencing this with the 50/50 display while recording and freezing on saving? It's hit and miss trying to reproduce it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 freezing on saving video

I have the same problem
Highlighted
Hiker

I found that this always happen on my screen before it freezes on saving:

https://youtu.be/u9KxcvYAZz4

I have absolutely no idea why it happens on 1 camera and not the other. Seems to also happen in 4K 30FPS Superview (NTSC) for me, as I've not been able to reproduce it on other settings. I chatted with support yesterday, and what they said was:

"We are actively working toward resolving this issue, and look forward to releasing a camera update in the November time frame to address your concern. What I can suggest for now is to try using a lower frame rates in Wide or Linear Field of View so we can avoid the split screen and the freezing."

I've also got issues with stabilization going crazy and they said:

"Actually our developers are working on it as we speak as they've already determined the issue of the new HERO6."

It's a pretty crappy purchase given the circumstances that it's for me unusable till whenever the upgrade comes in November that stops freezing video and gets stabilization worked out. Especially with winter coming and my own timeframe for the mountainbiking that I record getting smaller and smaller, so I'm debating returning my two cameras.

Highlighted
Adventurer

ULTRA card   EXtreme card or just a sd card

Highlighted
Hiker

Not card related since they’ve identified the problem and arw working on fixing this for the next firmware upgrade. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

good to hear keep thesite posted if they if they fixed  it

Highlighted
Tourist

"What I can suggest for now is to try using a lower frame rates in Wide or Linear Field of View so we can avoid the split screen and the freezing"

Hm, i used 2.7K 30fps linear mode with stabilization and have freezeng. In my Hero 5 sane preferences work fine.