Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 freezes with external power source

@fishycomics, I can't say for certain but it seems like it's a bug. Or maybe it's my camera. Hard to tell. I'm trying to avoid calling customer service since they already had to replace a camera for me but I'm shooting something this weekend and if it gives me issues I probably will call them and complain. Although to be safe, I'm probably going to go with AC power so I may not have any issues at all. I can't risk not getting a shot because I'm testing to see if this works or not. You know what I mean? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing your results, @drmmrboy24. A lot of factors that we have noted, so far. Different firmware, different logos, different behaviors even with the same setup or condition. A question, how do you do the recording? Do you press on the shutter button while the camera is off? This is by way of Quik Capture and stopping the recording by pressing on the shutter button again will cause the camera to shut down. If you have done the recording by turning the camera on first via mode button, and then record via shutter button, and the camera kind of worked, then there is clearly an issue.

We cannot confirm it to be a bug with the latest version as we see it working. It could be a case of bad installation of the current firmware that is why we recommend a manual update as part of troubleshooting. But you were able to do it, right? I have reported this case to the team. I will write back if any new information comes up.  Please keep us posted as well. Thanks!

Highlighted
Adventurer

those are all good points   but thiss ounds like @drmmrboy24  simply needs to  call CS and ask for a replacement   in the near future?

for quick capture  it takes like up to 30 seconds to  shut down, he clearly has it shutting down in like 1.2 seconds so scrath that thought!

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, I never turned it on via Quickcapture. Only by using the side/mode button. After my shoot this weekend I will manually update back to v2.01 and see if it still happens. I'll report back next week.