Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero6 freezes with external power source

Keep me posted   of what resolves the issue.  hestill has the charger by a wall to do?

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, This is my 2nd Hero6. The first one I received had a dead pixel so I returned it for another one. This 2nd one (the one I have now) did not come in brand new packaging. I only received a camera, so I hope it's not a refurbished one. I'd be pretty pissed if it was but there's no way to tell. :/

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics, I don't understand your question.

Highlighted
Adventurer

you need to again do another test powerbank NO SD card  hit record?  shuts down  or  stays on.

I said three plus times

smartphone charger. to camera. with and without the battery.  I said to format your sd card full not a quick format. do this in your ocmputer not camera.

SInce this is a returned  and replaced camera  you should not have issues at all. but you do.  you have the firmware to downgrade that is your option to test out.

Keep this thread posted.  as  some troubles that a camera freezes is a sd card issue never know

Highlighted
Explorer

Replacement cameras are new but are not shipped in retail packaging. Since the retail packaging is part of marketing, it would be silly, and not make much financial sense, to waste money sending replacements in the retail packaging. The new camera should have come in a brown cardboard box.
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15, Good to know. That's how I received it, in a brown cardboard box. Thanks.

@fishycomics & @mariustanya, Firmware 1.60 "kind of" worked. Better results but still not perfect. Here's what I found:

-Battery out, without mic adapter connected, in record mode - WORKS! Recorded over 2 mins without stopping. This did not work at all with v.2.01. 

-Battery out, with mic adapter connected, in recording mode - camera shows the circular battery indicator - Kind of worked. First time shut down before 2 min mark. Second time, recorded over 2:30 mins without stopping but then when I tried to hit stop, it shut down. So something is still weird here. 

-Battery in, with mic adapter connected, in recording mode - camera shows the actual battery indicator. WORKS! Recorded over 2 mins without stopping & saved file. 

For now I'll be sticking with v1.60, but GoPro should know about their bug in v.2.01.

Hopefully these results will be consistent when I try to record something for real in the wild. 

Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Highlighted
Hiker

Addendum - I tried again -Battery out, with mic adapter connected, in recording mode and it didn't work at all. I put a battery in and it worked. So, not consistent results. :/
Highlighted
Adventurer

@mariustanya  

So what you're saying firmware 2.01 has  a bug. I have yet  to update, and our Moderator @mariustanya has his camera running fine. it still leads to  your camera with an issue and you need to resolve  this, and  reverting back gets you    it running    for now.  Do you think    GoPro at the   actual Custpmer Service with the case can   replace your camera? and you be on your way with a proper update and running camera?

FISH

Happy you got this working