Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero6 freezes with external power source

@fishycomics, Do you always get the green indicator when charging your camera?

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@mariustanya

Older I get harder to see, so I had to put a stronger glasses on (myBad).   This is a gopro official cable wit hthe Blue insert:

1 cable to camera to  powerbank, turn on it is white.. I simply unplug from camera and back in the white changes to Green.,

2 aftermarket USB type C   same scenerio   same thing

3 Hero 5  same scenerio no green

I wonder if I stumbled on to something Lol green inicator is  the fast charge.  and  running fw 1.60  from factory purchase.

If I  do not replug it stays  white ( wit hte lightning line

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, I have to run to work now so I'll dive into this more later tonight. Two questions for now, why is your logo color different than mine? I understand this is just aesthetics, but is it? Maybe there's something different about my model even though they're both Hero 6's?

Also, does your camera default to using external power or internal power first (with a battery in)? I asked this question somewhere in this thread. Mine favors internal first, another user's favors external. Why is that?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @drmmrboy24

My camera were among the first batches of the HERO6 Black, hence the gray logo. I do not have one here with the colored logo so I am not able to test how it works. With the battery in, the camera defaults to internal battery when recording starts. Without the battery though, my camera continues to record until I stop recording, or until the SD  card capacity is consumed. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Adventurer

blue logo is hte latest batch of camera's they come loaded with fw 1.60 the original came out late sept/oct 5th with fw 1.0*   there were issues with fw's and camera software that firmware 1.20 -2.01 that improves userability.  bugs and fixes.   As we see here how simple itwas to stumble apone the green fast charge thing... 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details you shared, @fishycomics. Interesting. I have not seen such a green indicator before. I also tried with different USB-C cables (one with white, another with blue insert), and with a non-GoPro power bank but to no avail. I wonder if @drmmrboy24 gets the green indicator on his camera. 

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, I will do the same tests you did as soon as possible. I have a messed up work schedule but hopefully I can do this tonight. I will definitely post my result here at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.