Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 external mic doesn’t detected

Thx sir, very useful information. I only have my GoPro Hero 6 Black for one week & beginning to buy accessories like micro HDMI cable & was going to get the USB C external mic adapter. But having seen your video now a little worried & will put it off until a software update is released to remedy this issue.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Although I received no response from GoPro I was able to fix the issue. My unit shipped on November 5. GoPro released a firmware update on November 20 - HERO6 Black v01.60 | November 20, 2017. Although the release notes do not say anything about fixing external microphone detection, once I installed the firmware update the camera began to detect the external mic.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Where are you gong to verify if the external mic is recognized or not?  Right now my issue is that as soon as I plug in an external mic audio simply cuts out.  I'm using the GoPro adapter with a Rhode Micro and Aptura shotgun mic. 

Highlighted
Hiker

What I was informed of by experienced users were you should upgrade your GoPro device's firmware first before attempting to use an external microphone with the adapter, by then it should automatically detect the source.