Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero6 black endless problems

[ New ]

Hi guys. I just upgraded from hero session with i lost unfortunately, to hero6 black. First hero6 i replaced because of vertical blue stripes. it worked fun for couple days and than blue stripes again and also there is a black horizontal line which i see all the time even if im not recording. Besides that device is slow and lagging from time to time. I wanted to try with a manual update witch was supposed to be easy but file im downloading is not .zip . Its just a download file. I simply copied it to my microsd card but it didnt work... Should i replace it AGAIN?! Whats with that .zip file? Thanks for any advice!

Explorer

Re: Hero6 black endless problems

[ New ]
1. The black horizontal line, if at the bottom of the screen, is normal and do to the resolution firs format that you are in (switch to 1440 or 4:3 and there will be black bars on the sides instead.

2. Are you using a Windows PC? If so, right click on the downloaded file and choose Extract.

3. What SD card are you using? Have you tried a different card? If so, what card(s) have you used?