Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 SuperView not working

Yes. I updated it manually about 20 times, with different cards.

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi all, 

Just to close this out.   I worked with Customer Support and they professional and promptly enabled me to return my device.   I received a new one days later and tested in all modes.    The camera works flawlessly!    Note, this is on the original 1.5x firmware and new out of the box.   I have not upgraded yet, and will not until I return from my next.

All is good and support was excellent.   Thank you Jules from GoPro support!

Best,

Brad S. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Shocker. But please upgrade to the 1.61 firmware and you'll get a 10% crop instead of 5%. Didn't you buy cam based on it cropping 5%? Well, if you want to use it, it's 10% now, If it even records in Superviwe. Welcome to the GoPro experience. Feel free to contact their support/stonewalling center in an abandoned hangar located in Mumbai should you have further questions.

Highlighted
Hiker

Gettiing a new device with new hardware is hardly complicated. It's what those outsourced drones in Mumbai can do -- PS: Jules is probably not a guy. Doesn't help, though, when the software is at fault.
Highlighted
Hiker

Good timing.   As I was reading this thread and continuing to test my device ... i got the split screen error and a hang.    Just updated to 1.60 and all is good again.    Yea, I get the frustration.   But at least my new device is much more stable than my off the shelf purchase.   All modes tested successfullly, running 1.60 on a few different modes untilt the batteries run out...   (vs. immediate freeze after hitting the record button in anything SuperView).   

Highlighted
Hiker

You got to have really low standards if you buy a product with yout taxed salary and thank your lucky star it didn't fail at the first press of the record-button used to trigger the only function for which you bought the product. Which is like the only thing it needs to NOT fail at. **bleep** that. This product is garbage. I'd love to test mine, but since I bought it in Sept/Oct and it'sd not winter here and it **bleep**ed up all my MTB-comptetition footage, I'll just have to let it devalue and try again next year when everyone else has a Hero 10.