Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 Stabilisation (bouncing) issue

SAME ISSUE!! On the Jetski 100% worse in bumpy conditions.

Have the H6 attached to my handle bar via a Jaws mount, and on 4K 60fps we are skipping between 60 frames on each jerk.

I have heard this is a firmware/sortware issues that we are WAITING to be FIXED...

Lets get this sorted GoPro!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@varsityrecords1 - Have you updated your HERO6 Black's firmware to the latest version that came out a few days ago? If not, please do. The latest update may help with these issues for you.

More info on the update can be found at https://gopro.com/update/hero6.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Anyone have positive news on this issue? Its really bad. So bad that I'm thinking of selling it. This is recorded daytime in Sweden. V1.60. 1080p, 25fps (PAL). Stabilization ON. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmr9dgE7OtU

Highlighted
Hiker

I confirm that the issue is NOT fixed. I updated to latest firmware v. 1.60 and when i have the sabilization enabled in any mode i tried, it is giving me the same frame bouncing issue and i do not have smooth playback. The problem is getting worse when i am taking video to close places or darker conditions.

When i disable stabilization and i put my camera on a hand-held gimbal stabilizer, it is working smooth so it is obviously a stabilization software problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

Come on, guys, you just need to make sure you go out at high noon, somewhere without vegetation that could produce shadows, where there’s no snow, and stay on paved smooth roads. Go for a highway in Dubai. With ISO at 100-200, or 200-400, or 400-1200, or 100-1200, wih a gimbal. And you’ll be okay.

Yours truly,

Proud owner of 2 Hero 6 and $1000 useless mounts

Highlighted
Nomad

Yep, it still bounces in the right (wrong) conditions. I have gone back to using a gimbal if I want super smooth footage.

Highlighted
Hiker

A Gimbal isn’t exactly what they sold this device on. Electronic buttery smooth stabilization is what they promised and failed to deliver.

Highlighted
Hiker

Mine jumps too regardless of sdcsrd and battery. I ended up getting a gimbal but it only suits half my scenarios