Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 Stabilisation (bouncing) issue

[ Edited ]

@tomj53881

this is due to low light conditions...in this case Stabilization should turn off

Andrea

Highlighted
Hiker

Low light has nothing to do with it. Does it here in Australia on a bright summer day. Its just an issue in the software implemenation. they arent detecting when the movement is needed, or not needed to be taken out. I see it worse when trying to take out rotation.

Highlighted
Hiker

guys.... do we have any clue when exactly in November there will be the next update from gopro?
Highlighted
Nomad

Agree, we need an idea. I am going on a 5 week holiday to Vietnam on the 6th December and this camera desperately needs an update before I leave.
Highlighted
Hiker

Same, heading off in a week and a half. I am thinking that if they dont inform when a fix is coming, I might get rid of it, and go to the Sony. Sony's might be boring, but you can rely on them.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi guys

New update was released. Havent had a chance to test, but no mentioning of fixing the stabilisation isssue.

Let me know if it works for you. 

https://de.gopro.com/update/hero6

Highlighted
Explorer

I haven't tested post update, but one way to improve stabilization is to zoom slightly. It doesn't have to be much, but the more you do the better the stabilization works. After reading through the manual I found a Protip for stabilization (page 55):

The more narrow the FOV, the greater the effect of Video
Stabilization

I tested it out and it does seem to improve the stabilization on bumpy terrain significantly.
Highlighted
Hiker

Awesome, Daniel, I'll get on my mountainbike and with my mountainbike-gloves turn on the camera and zoom slightly. I'll try that as soon as winter is over. Or use a tigher FoV than Wide or Linear, which both have given my lousy results and hittery video. It'd be hilarious if using my mountainbike-gloves to zoom the ACTION camera solved it, actually, since this one guy got jittery video walking up stairs.Here's an idea, how about GoPro zoom the videos just a bit slightly before they start recording and nobody sees issues with electronic stabilization? I mean, it already cuts off 5% or whatever of the screen, so what's another 0.1% if those 5% isn't enough. This company is a joke,