Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 Stabilisation (bouncing) issue

yes latest firmware 

Highlighted
Hiker

Manual update done. Issue still occuring. Camera going back to Gopro. So anybody with the same problem. To save you time, send the camera back as it seems to be a hardware issue. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I've not bothered trying it again too see whether the problem has escalated, but first time out, I was not seeing it on 4K 30FPS SuperView NTSC. Second time out on 2.7K 60FPS SuperView NTSC, it happened much too often. When it stops raining, I'll do a test on 4K 30 FPS SuperView NTSC again and see whether it's now there. If so, the hardware would seem broken. If not, it seems like the software is either out of pixelrange for stabilization from our bumps, or too slow to keep up with the bumps. I can make a case for the latter when skiing or mountainbiking, especially at 60FPS, but not for walking up/down stairs in 4K 30FPS like you did when you reproduced the issue ... did you get a support ticket at GoPro or do they only have that online chat-system?

Highlighted
Hiker

I started on chat and than emails. If it helps you can use my reference case number (

04048370) as a reference to the same issue. Just to make it quicker for you. 

Man I doubt any testing will make any difference anymore. Just try to send it back asap to get a new one which hopefuly works. 

Good luck 

Highlighted
Tourist

I had an issue with bumpy video and split screen recording on my first Hero 6 after I updated to 1.51, so I returned it and kept it and haven't updated the firmware and it works fine.  Just saying.  Using a Samsung PRO 32gb UHS-1 class 3.

Have any of you had this choppy issue with a Hero 6 with original firmware or have you all installed 1.51?

Highlighted
Hiker

I unfortunately updated the firmware to 1.51 the first thing I did after unboxing my cameras.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I seem to have the same issue with my Hero6. During walking holding the camera in hand the picture is jumping at some point. It's like dropping frames.

https://youtu.be/MkHg17yMBgE

Latest firmware using SanDisc Extreme 64GB. Same recording parameters: 4k 30fps with stabilisation on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HU3Q6S4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep, welcome to the club. It's an infuriating issue. It's for a lot of us a seasonal product that you can use, or want to use, during a specific time of the year or on holidays and so. To release something with a specific number of modes and activities without thoroughly testing those relatively few functions before releasing hardware/software to the public sucks,

Support told me yesterday a firmware update fixing this problem is going to get released in "the November timeframe", but who knows if it does. I got zero faith.