Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero6 Stabilisation (bouncing) issue

Strange, does it happen more with certain settings or have you found any setting it doesn't happen on? Tried with flat etc manual white balance, superview/wide/linear. Might be that a particular setting is the issue.
Highlighted
Hiker

it re-levels regardless of setting and resolution as long as EIS is turned on.   Post a video of yours, i can probably tell you if yours is re-leveling.  (i prefer that term rather than bouncing)

Highlighted
Nomad

I'll post a few tomorrow, It's 9pm here
Highlighted
Hiker

For sure I record my way through a race. I'm 220 lbs and don't care about what I can shed in weighton the peripherals. I can go to the bathroom in the morning and shed more than what any gimba weights. What is, however, not acceptable to me is to in the middle of a race stopping and dealing with the low-light, protune, or whatever settings to catch a glimpse of what I'm doing.

Highlighted
Nomad

I hope they smooth it out in the next firmware. Its very good except for the jumpyness.

https://youtu.be/Zydfc0qQahU

I have been using a GoPro Hero 4 chin mounted for my helmet video. Its been working well, but I didn't like a couple of things about this set up, and the Her...
Highlighted
Hiker

I'm quite satisfied with the saddle-mounted rear-facing camera's results. (Sometimes I have camera A there and sometimes camera B.) The rear shocks are good on the mountainbike so motions are fairly smooth and EIS can handle it. Don't think I've had one noticably jittery video with a camera mounted under the saddle. It's everything forward facing that has issues, and it seems whenever whatever is triggered on it through a rough patch, the camera never quells the aggressive overcompensation deployed by the EIS. I think at this point, what GoPro could and should do, is expose the compensation-factor to us so we can set it to a custom value (not just on/off) and find what works best for the type of action we're doing and the kind of mount we're having. It'd be a lot of trial and error to find the right value, but at least it'd be worthwhile doing, as opposed to reporting to nobody that cares that the universal EIS solution doesn't work for what we're doing.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Please fix the jumping/bouncing/jerky/re-leveling bug in the stabilization! It still present im v2.01, even if a litte less than before!!! It look terrible!!

My two year old smart phone has 10 times better stabilization than this. Of all the "phenomenas" EIS can have like jello effect and such this "bouncing" is by far the worst I've seen so far. I should have bought a better smart phone instad of this crap camera... F4king fix it!!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @asda8510

Anti Shake and Full Stabilization is normally used on a moving platform to help compensate with movement.

If the recording is done on a tripod/steady mount we suggest turning the image stabilization OFF to avoid the "jump" you are seeing. The stabilization feature is recommended when recording while the camera is handheld/handheld on a mount.

Thanks!

EJ