Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Hero6 Charging: Taking a long time for a full charge

Is it normal for the Hero6 to take a full charge?  I've had it charging overnight and still not fully charged.  On my Hero5, fully charged in about a couple of hours.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero6 Charging: Taking a long time for a full charge

Hi @tekbandit,

I would recommend manually updating that camera again. Once you do that I would make sure that you are using a 5V 2Amp wall charger. I was able to test with my camera and was able to get the camera charged all the way up and have the light go off. Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @tekbandit,

Were you able to get that camera charged up completely? Is the camera up to date?

Best,

Ryan

Hiker

@ryanv12566 wrote:

Hi @tekbandit,

Were you able to get that camera charged up completely? Is the camera up to date?

Best,

Ryan

It got up to about 98%, then it turned on without me touching it.  I'm running firmware 01.51

GoPro

Hi @tekbandit,

I would recommend manually updating that camera again. Once you do that I would make sure that you are using a 5V 2Amp wall charger. I was able to test with my camera and was able to get the camera charged all the way up and have the light go off. Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

Hiker

@ryanv12566 wrote:

Hi @tekbandit,

Best,

Ryan

Looks like just reloading the firmware resolved the issue.  Just need to see if the charging issue is also resolved when I get home cause it is now showing 100% charge.

Hiker

@tekbandit wrote:

@ryanv12566 wrote:

Hi @tekbandit,

Best,

Ryan

Looks like just reloading the firmware resolved the issue.  Just need to see if the charging issue is also resolved when I get home cause it is now showing 100% charge.

Just took the camera off charging after 5 hours and it was only at 99% from about 60% with the charging indicator still lit.  Reloading the firmware didn't help.

Hiker

Today I have received the product, but the other on the charging problem too,
I received the product immediately after the product charge and related settings.
But found that the charge has been 4 hours, the battery is still in 2% of the situation, while the battery is too low, failed to update the equipment for the FIRMWARE. Please help me solve the above problems.

P.S. I have removed the packaging box. To return to the replacement product schedule, it may only be possible to return the component.

Product Info:
Hero 6 Black 

22243890_1570112703027062_95451701_o.jpg
Tourist

Hi everyboby.

Same problem, my Hero 6 won't charge more than 98% (attached to back MotherBoard's USb 3.0) ...more than 7 hours from 75% to 98%.

I'm waiting for supercharger and micro sd (not yet arrived) to flash new fw...hope to solve.i thought mine was faulty...but i read many ppl with same problem....tsk tsk...Gopro Smiley Mad