Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero6 Charging: Taking a long time for a full charge

I think I might have the solution for the charging issue, so far it seems that the Battery is the issue.  I took the battery from my Hero5 and swapped it with my Hero6 and got it to charge 100%, right now, I'm trying to charge the battery I had in the Hero6 in the Hero5 and it seems to be taking a while to charge.  

At this time, it seems to be pointing to the battery that is issue and not the actual device.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I might have the solution for the charging issue, so far it seems that the Battery is the issue.  I took the battery from my Hero5 and swapped it with my Hero6 and got it to charge 100%, right now, I'm trying to charge the battery I had in the Hero6 in the Hero5 and it seems to be taking a while to charge.  

At this time, it seems to be pointing to the battery that is issue and not the actual device.

I think you're right. I'm using supercharger and nothing has changed in charge.

Let's hope the firmware developers won't overcome the problem, releasing a firmware that when  98% is reached...the Gopro indicates full charge ... but they find a real solution.

Highlighted
Hiker

I am also the case.
hero6 can not be directly through the one machine type for charging action. I am still looking for a solution, but the temporary viable approach is to buy gopro hero 5 external charger for pure battery crossover, this method can solve the battery shortage and can not update the firmware situation.

It is estimated that gopro hero6 should be integrated or need to supply a larger external socket to be able to fully charge the mixer battery. Generally in the past 5v 2A may not much. At least 5v 3A can be undetermined

Because the use of the hero 5 dual battery charger. Pure trial with 5v2A charger can be successfully filled. But once the one machine will have a charging symbol, but can not continue to fully charged demand. Hope gopro can solve this problem. if not cover this main bug. it must crash the best sports camera sound effects.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Update:

I was able to get the battery charged up to 100% over night, however, the charge indicator light was still on when I woke up this morning.  I still have the batteries switched so, right now I am charging the battery that originally came with the Hero6 in another camera.  It was at 67% at the time and hopefully it'll charge to 100%...

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi all,

Same problem here. After charging the battery over night, the red charging lights are still lit and after switching on the Gopro Hero 6 it shows me 98% charged. Taking off the charging cable and reconnect again brings up the battery to 100% charged but the red lights are not going off. Taking of the charging cable again and reattaching it leads to the situation that the red light is not coming back. Seems to be a firmware problem in my point of view. I have the latest firmware installed. Hopefullly GoPro will fix this soon. I already wanted to send back my Hero 6 until I have seen that others have the same issue. Therefore seems to be a rather symptomatic issue...

Best regards,

Tom 

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the same issue. My camera will not go above 2% making it impossible to install the update. I just received it yesterday and I have tried charging it for hours using a wall charger and my computer with no luck. Let me know if you have a solution. I may end up returning the product 🤷🏽‍♂️
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi everybody.

At least the Supercharger Gopro purchased has completely fullfilled the battery at 100% (red lights off)...then updgraded to latest fw...don't know if i've been luckly or other...anyway this is a very noising problem...

Highlighted
Tourist

I managed to somehow get enough charge to update the fw and now my camera appears to be at 100%. Could it be that it was charging all along but the fw presented issues? The camera is fully charged, updates and working now. Will leave it plugged in overnight and monitor progress tomorrow.

Cheers