Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero6 Charging: Taking a long time for a full charge

Hi all,

I updated the latest firmware manually (again) but there is no difference. The battery charges up to 100% but the red charging / status light is not going off after the battery is fully charged. After detaching the USB charging cable and attaching again, the charging / status light is not coming back so the camera notices that the battery is already fully charged. So the "only" issue is that the red charging light is not going off after the battery is fully charged. I assume this is something that can and hopefully will be fixed with the next firmware.

Best regards,

Tom

Tourist

I also noticed my gopro hero 6 only charged upto 98% with red light still on. I used 2 amp charger and it was at 1.00 firmware. I just updated and I will let you know how it does.

Highlighted
Hiker

I purchased brand new gopro hero 6. Having same issue. Overnight charge did not reach 100% and  red led still on. Using oem gopro cable. Tried iphone charging block, ipad charger, photive 50w 6 port charger. None brings it to full charge and red led still on. Got another new hero 6 battery with same results. Camera version 1.51. Charge indicator shows its charging but notice with ipad & iphone charger battery percent sometimes goes backwards, only photive brings it in 90% range. I purchased from best buy and was going to exchange but wonder if it will be the same and may need a firmware fix?

I also purchased hero 5 session. That charges fine with all chargers listed above.

Hiker

UPDATE: I exchanged hero 6 at BestBuy. Replacement unit was on fw 1.00 I didn’t update and charged two different batteries from around 80% and it reached 100% and red led went off for both. Perfect! I then updated to fw 1.51 and tried charging batteries again (after discharging batteries slightly) and both batteries reached 100% but red led won’t shut off. I left overnight with same results.

Debating if if I should just live with it since firmware seemed to cause it and they may have update in future or return it for garmin Virb ultra 30.

Tourist

Same problem here, after all the night connected to the wall charger the red led stay on and battery level it’s 98%
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody.

Despite the fact i've purchased the Supercharger, my GoPro 6 still doesn't reach 100% (led light on)...BUT if i turn it on (98%)...then turn it off (still connected to Supercharger) after a few minutes led light goes off and it is 100% reached... (fw 1.51) don't know if this trick may be useful, but for me (this time) has worked..

Tourist

Mine does the same. Also with the normal charger. I don't have the super charger.

@digitalfranz wrote:

Hi everybody.

Despite the fact i've purchased the Supercharger, my GoPro 6 still doesn't reach 100% (led light on)...BUT if i turn it on (98%)...then turn it off (still connected to Supercharger) after a few minutes led light goes off and it is 100% reached... (fw 1.51) don't know if this trick may be useful, but for me (this time) has worked..

Hiker

Same for me. If I charge overnight next morning red led still on but if I disconnect usb charge cable and reconnect OR if I Power on device while still plugged in then power off led will go out.

Hope GoPro reads this and comes up with fw update to address it. I also tried reinstalling fw1.51 the manual way with same results.