Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 Charging: Taking a long time for a full charge

Hi all,

There is no need to update the firmware again and again using different methods. As chittman81 stated above, use a low amp source (computer/laptop USB port) if you want to top up the battery to 100% and turn led(s) off. It seems for the moment that the fast chargers are not liked by GP6 FW or/and its battery. Maybe in future updates this issue will disappear.

For me it works very well, 100% battery level reached by using a laptop USB port.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Highlighted
Sightseer

So, I updated my firmware to 1.6 and I tried to get the battery fully charged from 98% to 100% by plugging it into my computer.  It won't go over 98% and, thus, the red LED won't go out.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Tourist

Try to full discharge your gopro and recharge...
Highlighted
Tourist

I had luck by NOT using my PC to charge it.  I used an iPad quickcharger.  I worked once, (where thelight went out once at 100%), however, that only worked once.  Really I stopped worrying about it.  It's only 2%, and the battery last for a few hours for my use.  I did read somewhere, that a new battery soved the issue.  But why buy a battery, for 2%?  Good luck. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have discharged and recharged several batteries at least 10 times. more than 98 percent does not work. that's not bad at all. the really bad thing is that you can not see that the charging process is over. Here I expect an update that fixes this bug. Can not be that hard! it's like refueling my car and can not check when the tank is full and always has to put your finger in it to see if the tank is already full.

Highlighted
Sightseer

To anyone still struggling with this issue, I recently complained directly to the GoPro help in order to receive more information. After a bit of hassle, they offered to ship me a free spare battery. After testing it out, it charged to 100% with no problem. My previous battery would never go past 98%.

For the record, just because it stopped at 98% I did not find the battery was any worse. It just lacked the comfort of the full 100.. but again, another battery may solve the problem

Regards

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello GoPro,

hello forum-members,

Any News about this issue?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you! I found this solution very helpful. I Googled something along the lines of GoPro hero 6 taking a long time to charge, and this is the first thing that came up in my Google search, and the solution worked. Yay! My GoPro had been charging for 6-7 hours... Once I went into the GoPro app (which is connected to my camera) to update the firmware, and: voilà! Problem Solved! The battery was now instantly reading 100% charge. Thank you.