Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero6 Charging Problems: Taking a long time for a charging

Hey. Just unboxed my gopro 6. No matter how long i charge it, it does not fully charge. The other part of the problem is that it does not show the % charged, instead it shows a 2 prong icon with a circle around it. What does this mean?
Highlighted
Explorer

Is your camera on the latest firmware update? Using a computer and SD card adapter I suggest running a Manual update. I'm not sure what the two prong icon is, can you provide a photo of it? My assumption is it's related to the charging device you are using. Is your camera plugged into a standard phone wall charger? Don't use your computer USB to charge the camera.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the exact same problems with my new hero 6 at the moment. I'll leave it on charge all night and never see percentage go past 98.
I've manually updated to 1.60 and am tired of looking at this red light that never goes off. Not really the best start seeing as this is my first gopro
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The battery can take a couple of cycles to get up to 100%. Use it a few times and charge it back up and you should be getting to 100%.

Highlighted
Sightseer

any updates on this issue?, or charge it a couple of times is basically the final answer to solve this issue,
Highlighted
Tourist

I ended up having to get a new camera after a few other problems started to pile up (glitching and regular freezes).
The new one charged straight to 100% the very first time I used it so I'm finally happy. Shouldn't have to settle for close enough is good enough with stuff this expensive.
Highlighted
Sightseer

My gopro has this issue where I need to keep plugging and unplugging the usb cable to the camera until I get a green charging indicator for it to charge fully. If the indicator is white, it would most likely not charge to 100%. Kind of fed up that something which costs 600 dollars be giving me this crap. Please if its a firmware problem get it bloody fixed. Its like playing jackpot to get the green indicator when I plug in the cable to charge the batteries.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @subs7ance

I think it would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support to have it checked. 
It looks like a hardware issue. 
Click Here to Contact Support

Best Regards, 

-Jay