Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero6 Cage Failure

I purchased a Hero6 Black from Canex in Borden, Ontario at the end of April specifically for a charity ride I started on 18 June.

I mounted it on my bike and used it for the first time on the 18th of June and during the 200km ride from Toronto to Trenton the mounting tabs broke off of the cage and the camera was lost on Highway 401.

The mount was secure on a crash bar, I only used GoPro mounts and accessories. I've used your cameras in teh Canadian Forces for the last 6 years as an Imagery Technician. I've had them in 1100º F flashover simulators, mounted to weapons systems, recorded grenade detonations, explosive ordinance disposal, everything! with never a problem. I didn't like the look of the cage, but I trusted that GoPro gear was solid and my investment was secure.

It was the cage itself that failed while mounted on the crashbar travelling on the highway. The camera did not come into contact with the bike or any other object, it was out of reach of my feet, knees, etc. This was mild use at best. I'm hoping that GoPro will replace the camera as there is no reason for this to have happened other than manufacturer defect in the cage.

Thank you,

Michael Terry

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 11.33.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-23 at 11.33.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-23 at 11.27.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-23 at 11.27.18 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero6 Cage Failure

Hi @dispatches2018

Thank you for sharing the information. For issues similar to this, you need to contact our Support Team so they can gather necessary information and see what we can do to extend our help. 

They are available via phone or chat.  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero6 Cage Failure

Hi @dispatches2018

Thank you for sharing the information. For issues similar to this, you need to contact our Support Team so they can gather necessary information and see what we can do to extend our help. 

They are available via phone or chat.  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej