Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero6 Black live stream to Periscope

I have with the 6 but i couldnt get the remote and another phone to try and bookmark while streaming it. It would cut offf the connection.
Highlighted
Sightseer

@swiftshore68672 i am able to stream it.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I just tested it and was successful using Periscope with my GoPro Hero6 Black. Was able to record on GoPro and stream simultaneously. Just connect phone to camera via GoPro app then start up Periscope and it should recognize it. It was very easy for me to get it to work.

My cell reception wasn’t good and the stream was glitchy was but it connected just fine.
Highlighted
Tourist

ok, good to know. GoPro support was able to confirm that it works.

Highlighted
GoPro

This is great! Thank you for sharing, @twm2! Stay stoked!

Highlighted
Tourist

Never mind, meant to write "GoPro support is NOT able to confirm that it works (livestreaming on Periscope) with the Hero6 Black ;-(

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have GoPro Hero 6 Black and tried to livestream using the GoPro and the Apple iPhone 7 with Periscope and it is an extremely terrible feed that breaks up every second with loud popping noises when trying to stream. I would not advise making such a purchase! I made this mistake already. My sole purpose of having a GoPro was to livestream baseball games with better footage (field of view and resolution) than a cell phone. GoPro doesn't connect to anything that I have found in order to livestream and stay connected with good quality. It relies on the cellular connection to stream the video because the wifi is being used to connect the phone to the gopro.

If you come up with a better idea, I would love to hear it! I have spent 2 months researching this and have had zero luck, no help from GoPro either to support their device for the purpose of livestreaming!! So sad! You would think a company that has made so much would put more effort into making this work!

Any new information would be appreciated!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi!
I have got GoPro 6 to work with periscope on an iPhone 8.

But I first got a black screen in periscope.
Then I changed the WiFi band on the GoPro from 5 to 2.4 GHz and got a picture.

I haven’t tested it much so can’t say anything about other issues people have.