Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero6 Black charge light will not go out

Here too with the same issue with gopro Hero 6 and lots of noise too! I also updated but still the same issues!
Highlighted
Hiker

@nima-langsam wrote:

Is that the solution? I have six Original GoPro-Batteries (Manufacturer: Amperex). All of them are charging only up to 98%.

Or should GoPro simply adjust the Firmware?

I'm afraid in a near future they will go for a firmware update indeed, with a new firmware dispaying 100% when Amperex batteries have reached 98%. And then finished, closed, no visible problem anymore, no one will ever realize Amperex batteries charge less than Samsung ones.

But IMO there's a problem with the Amperex and updating the firmware is not the solution for the consumers.

Highlighted
Tourist

It's not all Amperex batteries. It's probably less than 50%. Otherwise everyone would be complaining.

It's the quality assurance (if any) of the Amperex company in China failing to identify and pick out the faulty batteries from being released to the market.

I don't think GoPro will do anything about this unless you make it a big deal. They just expect you to contact support and they will probably be happy to compensate you with a new battery or something with similar value to keep your mouth shut.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

@bravecave74833 wrote:

I have the same issue.

RMA the battery to GoPro they'll change it.

I did it over the phone, they did not argue and changed it straight away.

They are now maybe well aware about the problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

Problem solved with the new Firmware 2.01 ?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I just bought mine today (hero 6 black) I cannot get the battery past 98% been trying things all afternoon / night.

First thing I did was update the firmware.

I'm getting some third party batteries tomorrow, I'm currently trying the second official battery.

Highlighted
Hiker

Try pulling the battery out and reinstalling it.