Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero6 Black charge light will not go out

GoPro will be releasing updates throughout the year.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Ok I think I figured out the fix!

1. go into Settings

2. Go into Preferences

3 . find the auto off menu (default set to never)

4. Swith it to 5 or 15 minutes

Now when charging battery camera will shut off and no lights will be on (battery is at 100%)

Highlighted
Tourist

I already had it set to 15 minuets. Switched it, but same issue. Glad that worked for you though!

Highlighted
Nomad

Not working for me either...there's not many problems with H6..its just we are all new to it :P we bought it too soon :D :D

I bet gopro will fix the issue before new year...they're smart enough to do so...i mean...most people bought it because of fullhd 240fps...being able to edit in goprostudio and quik...they probably didnt release this new feature, so we can all go now and buy ourselfes a new PC and professional programs to edit :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same problem. When I first got the camera. I installed the battery and the Sd card. Then I charged it. It charged fine no issues 100% led went off. Then I set the camera up ,linked it to my phone. As soon as I updated the firmware to 1:51. The camera stopped charging all the way up. ???
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @snowydusk31131,

Make sure the camera is fully up to date as there is now V1.60: https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

The same problem here. I manually made two times to 1.60 update. I have 6 original GoPro batteries. The red LED will never turn off after charging. If I charge the camera for one night, the LED will still be lit in the morning. When I turn on the camera, the battery level is somewhere between 95 and 99 percent.

In version 1.00 this worked! It is very strange that you do not notice (or ignore) such errors. The only two answers GoPro has are: "make update" or "swap camera". I had three Hero 6s. All show the same mistakes.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @ryanv12566,

Did you receive actual word from your dev team that this was an issue and they fixed this or are you just making a random guess that the update might magically fix the issue?

It doesn't mention anything on the 1.6 release notes that this has been fixed.