Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

Wasn't there mention of a November firmware update? Hopefully a fix will show up then otherwise probably a lost cause.

Still waiting for my refund, they received my gopro 9 days ago, literally worst customer service I've encountered in a long time.
Highlighted
Tourist

NO WI FI Connection ...

Again a NOGAF Award goes to 

The Wi Fi connection from GO PRO is faulty and is still in developement and field testing LOLOS ...  

I have the Samsung SM-7 -  G955f 

Yes I can now see why the investment industry is sitting back on the GO PRO 6 with NO improverment in the share price...

Go Pro support still sucks as it always has and no improverment this time around ..

There has been no effective response regarding a firmware update or acknowledgement of the Wi Fi problem..

Just again as in the past simply letting the Go Pro users get frusrated and twisted after buying the untested and underdeveloped product again and again...

Highlighted
Hiker

Just installed 1.60 and the 5ghz channel is still set to 161.

Highlighted
Hiker

No mention in the release notes, I'd quit whilst you're ahead. Had to theaten them with filing a charge back to get my refund, only took like a month....

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS 

Improves camera performance when recording in high frame rates of high resolution modes
Fixes split screen defect in 2.7k60 Linear FOV and 4k30 Superview FOV
Reduces image noise in high frame rate and high resolution modes
Improves image quality in low light environments
Adjusts color saturation to prevent  over-saturation in certain conditions
Fixes visual defects in 1080p240 during playback on iOS® and macOS® devices in certain conditions
USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Reduces the time required for media to load on the camera and GoPro app
Auto Low Light now works with Quikcapture
Highlighted
Tourist

I can confirm, ver. 1.60, still connect to channel 161 (5805/20-eeeC/ac) and issue not mentioned in changelog.

Highlighted
Tourist

I can confirm the Go Pro Hero 6 released update today still fails to resolve the Wi Fi connection problem.

Also the Hero 6 still has the audio drop off problem on ramdom video files when being recoded using a mic attached..

Also the Hero 6 camera locks up and freezes when recording in 4k and you try to play back in camera ..

The only work around is the OLD Go Pro handshake trick of frequently removing the battery for a standard Go Pro reboot 

Nuts 

Highlighted
Hiker

How is this ridiculous issue A: Even here in the first place and B: Not sorted yet!

Why do such companies believe there is no country outside the USA and not test their products accordingly!

Got my 6 Yesterday and this issue cost me more time than any other, scandalous!

Sort it GoPro although i suspect you won't!
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi guys. Received my new Gopro Hero6 yesterday from Amazon.de and got exactly the same connection with my Oneplus 3. Also updated to 1.60. I would be really interested to see how a bunch of gopros would stream video if all of them are transmitting with channel 161 at the same time, without the possibility to automatically shift to another channel.
I also question myself regarding the transmitting power. Not only the channels can be illegal (or needing a license to operate) but you also have limitations within the transmitting power. One said before that the power was around 1000 mW? Anyone can confirm? If thats the case for 5ghz, it should be the same for 2.4ghz, which makes it illegal in most EU.
Cheers