Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

GoPro Hero 6 updated and cleaned. Now it works with GoPro app and iPhone 7!

Highlighted
Hiker

There hasn't been a firmware update so if that fixed you're issue it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Highlighted
Hiker

I've been in contact with Gopro support a couple of weeks ago regarding this and got very stubborn replies, as I've indicated previously.

Today I experimented with changing my location with the gopro.com website from Sweden to US, and then going to the support chat. Opening hours are now different, making me think that perhaps there are different support centers.

The support center (pacific time) just opened and I politely asked to file a bug report. The response I got was very polite and understanding, the operator asked me for relevant troubleshooting details.

Daisy Mae (2017-10-25 15:58:50): Thank you for all the information you shared to us.
Daisy Mae (2017-10-25 15:59:56): We recently receive an issue with the 5 GHz for the HERO6 Black especially in EMEA countries and I would like to inform you that we are still waiting for further information and troubleshooting steps.
Daisy Mae (2017-10-25 16:00:13): I'll keep you posted once we have the resolution for this one.
Me (2017-10-25 16:01:00): Ok that's good news. It helps greatly to know that you are working on a solution. Can you send me updates to my email adress?  
Daisy Mae (2017-10-25 16:01:27): Thank you so much for your understanding. We are currently investigating this issue and I'll send you an update via email.

This does make me feel much better about the situation.

Highlighted
Hiker

Looking at my chat transcripts, my recent conversation says San Mateo (which I guess is in California) and the previous (unpleasant) conversation says Lison (which I guess is in France).

I'm keeping my gopro.com website set to US from now on...

Highlighted
Tourist

bluejump5503: Great update! Thank you!
Highlighted
Hiker

I should stress that the treatment I got from Gopro's French support center was absolutely apalling. Very rude and incompetent. If anyone at Gopro US is interested in looking into the situation at Lison, I'll share my transcript with them.

I'm trusting that a solution to the 5 GHz debacle does surface from Gopro US in the near future.

Highlighted
Tourist

I went over to states two weeks ago and didnt get my Gopro 3black with me.

Well i was at Target and found the 6 black (by this i didnt even know they released a new one)  so i checked it out on the web.  commercial and all . 

Super great.  5ghz band makes everything better was my thought so i bought two of them . one for my girlfriend and one for me. 

back at the hotel i tried to connect it with the 5ghz network to my Oneplus 5  (witch i always connect to 5ghz network at home) 

didnt get it to work. well. a few days later i was on the plane trying and trying but no luck. 

now back home in sweden i am a bit annoyed as i was hoping for faster transfers as promised. 
And ill know what my girl will say,  she is even more demanding then me. 

So here i am.  two gopro 6 with none working 5ghz as promised in commercial.  and it sucks. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I have the Samsung Note 8 and it has the same Snapdragon chipset and OS as your phone, and it connects to mine. Do you have your bluetooth on as well ?