Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

If I set the camera to use 5 GHz, then the Gopro app can't find it. My phone won't list the camera's wi-fi, and not my computer either. 

If I set the camera to use 2.4 GHz, then the Gopro app will find it and connect just fine. My phone+computer will also list it. 

Obviously both my phone and computer has full 5 GHz wi-fi support. I use it all the time. 

Is this a known issue? Has anyone used 5 GHz wi-fi successfully with the Hero6? 

Hiker

Re: Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

I have the 01.51 firmware. 

Sightseer

I have this issue too

Nomad

[ Edited ]

Mistake I didn’t read the first post, ignore.

Tourist

Same issue with my camera, Firmware 01.51
Hiker

I have this issue too. It's to do with the wifi channel. The GPH6B uses channel 161 of the 5ghz band. My phone, OnePlus 5, can't see it. Neither can my older LG Nexus 5, nor my kid's P10Lite.

My laptop and series 2 iPad can see channel 161 and can connect to the GPH6B on 5ghz.

OnePlus want me to send my phone back for repairs after flashing new firmware didn't solve it.

I have asked a chat support op for GoPro to log it but I get the feeling that they had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm just going to stick to the 2.4ghz setting for now and hope that GoPro either let you change the channel or set it to 100-108.

Tourist

I have same issue with LG G4 and Galaxy TAB 3. Hero 6, firmware 1.51.

Adventurer

It's working on my Galaxy S7 (USA version).