Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

Does your GoPro Hero6 work with 5ghz wifi on s9+ ?
Highlighted
Hiker

Working for me yes
Highlighted
Tourist

good afternoon
Can you write the full model number of your Samsung s9+?
Highlighted
Tourist

samsung s9+ model sm-g965f is working with Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Tourist

Looks like no one in gopro company doesn't Reed community .

In a lot of countries 161 band of 5ghz is illegal .

Android os (started from 7 and 8) have function automatically block illegally bands when you put your sim-card (it blocked all illegally bands for your country). That's mean the same phone will see 5ghz gopro in one country, and will not in other.

Please, gopro, hear us, and change Standart 5ghz band from 161 to something lower. We paying for modern products and want use it fully. Thats not a big deal.

Highlighted
Hiker

I dont think so that this is the problem..

I have purchased many cellphones tha last months and i found out that 5Ghz works only with samsung and apple. This means that most it has nothing to do with illegal frequenses. It is just a problem of cell phone manufactors that do not support this frequency, and gopro should find another one that works with more brands..

Highlighted
Hiker

Read the rest of this thread, it's been proven multiple times that it is illegal to use this frequency in the vast majority of countries outside of the US, chances are even if you can connect using a Samsung or Apple you are breaking the law without holding a valid license. 

As I have also stated in the past the only reason GoPro has ended up using this in the first place is because the GoPro was only actually tested in the US, in Europe you can simply 'self certify' an electronic device without having it checked and approved by a 3rd party testing facility. If they did test it properly it would be deemed an illegal device for retail use for anywhere in Europe.