Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero6 Black 5 GHz wi-fi not working

Dont expect to get any answers or solutions.  

Gopro is on downgoing spiral.  

and up for sale. 

They even dropped the price of the 6 after i bought it with 100 dollars . and it sucks. bigtime. 

for the next camera i will be looking at something more stable.  both technology and support wise. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey,
Yes, I know and its a pitty. The problem is that if you take a look for the entire package, this is one of the best action cams in the market and with the quality and specs that they have, it's really hard to find a better alternative. (Ex: 4k 60fps is not for everyone)
Cheers
Highlighted
Tourist

I know.   But atleast you can get a brand that answers your Support messages. 

and also not brag about functions that aint working irl  like the 5ghz problem. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello Guys, I am from Greece and i have purchased 2 Gopro 6.

When i Bought my first one i had a Samsung Note 8 (european version) and wifi @ 5ghz was working perfectly. I could transfer videos of many MB in a couple of Seconds!!

I tried to connect it with a LG G6, LG V30, Huawei Mate 10 Pro and HTC u11. 

None of them could work @ 5GHz!!! 

My conclusion is that most cellphones work at a small range of frequencies whereas the top of samsung and apple can work at better range!

I am really sorry about gopro because these days they gave a new update and they didnt fix it!! It is so easy to give a wide range of frequencies and let all phones work that i am really mad with the brand!!

If someone could talk with support department, just tell them what i told you. I really wonder, all these people who work for gopro, have only new samsung or apple phones??

nobody uses another brand? or nobody uses their products?

Highlighted
Hiker

Just came back to see if this was resolved yet (Low expectations), anyone know if this changed with the 2.0 update? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Still doesn't work with firmware HD6.01.02.01.00

Remember the problem with external microphone not working with QuikCapture on the Hero5 Black? This was a known flaw within a month of release (as documented in this forum). But Gopro couldn't be bothered to resolve it, despite promises. 

I asked support, and was promised that this specific problem was in fact resolved with the Hero6. Was it? No. On my Hero6 sometimes it works, it often doesn't. If I manually boot the camera and then press record, it works every time. Which means the problem is 100% in the camera software.  

Will we ever have working 5 GHz wifi with a future Gopro camera? Honestly, it seems that we never will. 

Frankly, and this may be harsh to say, but I feel the situation seems to be that Gopro management failed to retain its skilled developers. Now all that's left is the marketing department. It's a hollow shell. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Are you all still having issues even with the latest firmware version for the HERO6 Black camera? If you do, it would be best to connect with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Moreover, If it would help, here is an article about external microphone adapter: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/HERO5-Black-External-Microphone-Information 

Thank you all for your feedback. We're always looking to our customers to help shape the direction of our products and services, so we appreciate your comments as well as your suggestions. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Not updated FW, still on 1.6 but it is now working on my new galaxy s9+ unlocked from Samsung in the UK.