Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero5 session both red lights stuck on

Hi,

I´ve been using my GoPro Hero5 Session for two years without any problem.

Last time I connected it to my computer to download my videos, my computer didn´t recongnize the camera. So I unplugged and plugged it a cupple of times.

Then the cammera showed me an icon I had never seen before (something like a mouse), and after that the two lights turned on and the cammera stopped responding and sarted getting hot.

I tried to press the "mode" button for like a minute (with and withowt the SD card) as I read on this support site with no effect.

Then I left the cammera in this situation for some hours with the hope that the battery got empty and then I could start the cammera again.

The cammera effectively turned off at some point, but since then the cammera Is not charging or turning on any more. I tried the following withowt any results:

- Plugging the cammera using different adapters

- Pressing the "mode" button for more than a minute

- Removing SD card

- Trying to turn on the cammera with a new SD card

- Following the streps to manually update firmware

and many combinations of the above.

Can you give me some idea of something different I can try?

Thanks,

Ezequiel.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 session both red lights stuck on

Hi @mmandeb

The steps on this article should help you try to get the camera to power on again.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @mmandeb

The steps on this article should help you try to get the camera to power on again.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi aragon1006,

I tried the steps in the article  you mention without any results.

Tomorrow I´ll contact Support Team to see if the can help me.

Thank you for your answer,

Ezequiel.