Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero5 black water leaked

[ New ]

Hi.

I have my Hero5 Black almoast 1,5 years. Primary use is on my motorcycle and few times under water, max 10 times under water. Till now no problems whith leaks. Four days ago i charge my Hero5, double check charging cover, as every time so far befor water, and put it in the original "the frame". Came to beach and go into water, he filmd about 2min when water leaked. When I came outo of the water camera was dead, take out the battery and let id dry on the sun. Water was inside battery compartment and front LCD. I could not belive thath the water was in batt. comp. because I never open that cover, I only open'd it for the first and last time when I bought camera when I put battery and SD card in. When i came home i was put camera and battery in dehumidifier bag and let id dry for 4 days. In the meantime I was search via google if the other users have similar problems. On my first search i could not belive how much people did have same problem. Only on these community is over a 30+ pages whit these problem. Afer four days camera dont work. If I google it sooner I wil certainly buy underwater case no matter what this is "waterproof". What I'm interested in how it goes with warranty with GOPRO becose these is not isolated/individual problem??? I did not count what I saw over this four days on internet but I suppose I saw over 200+ cases of the same problem. If someone from customer support contact me.

thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero5 black water leaked

[ New ]

Hi @loyalstar7442,

Please contact them (GoPro Customer Support) via phone or chat

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

call or chat.  will  be your option   go from there. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyalstar7442,

Please contact them (GoPro Customer Support) via phone or chat

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay

Adventurer

[ New ]

there number is located at the bottom of each post and page 855-635-3578