Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero5 black get moist and wet inside.

"so it is but wise, not to speak on their behalf and if ever I want to bring any legal action, I will institute the same with the proper venue"
LMFAO

Anyway, just take your lens protector off and let it dry out. Make sure the gasket is intact and put it back on when dry. If it doesn't keep the water out, contact the support team using, not the "so called" but actual, 'Contact Sales and Support' link. If it does hold water, next time be more careful and don't let your camera bump into anything, like the walls of the pool, when your using it.
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

BTW, notice my avatar. That's my son swimming. The picture was taken in a pool with a GoPro camera under water. When you make your idle veiled threats at me, they insinuate to a threat to his well being as well. Be careful with what you post.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Off-topic; Nonsense; Poor reading comprehension.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Care package, 

GoPro wil lsay use a dive housing if you're going i nthe water for added protection.

FISH

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, dive housing is the best option right now. In all fairness to the product (Hero 5), the video quality is very good. That's why despite the experience, I will still use it. Once I received the replacement from the seller, I will put a dive housing before using it. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - FYI that you'll need to take the lens cover off anyway in order to use the Super Suit dive housing with the HERO5 Black. You'll be able to dry the lens cover out then.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft Thank you. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Lens cover willnot be taken off on aftermarket one's just Fyour information good luck.