Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hero5 black get moist and wet inside.

Hello i'm from philippines. Because i heard so many new in philippines that the hero5 got wet inside even if they only submerged it for only 3 meters and some the camera has a moist inside.. i have a hero5 black and i bought it in US.. but i did not yet able to try to submerged in waters because of what happened to the other user who has a hero5 black. Can you explain this to me?? Thanks..
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero5 black get moist and wet inside.

@Anonymous - The HERO5 Black and the HERO5 Session are both able to go down to 10m/33ft.

Before going in the water, just make sure that the doors on your camera are closed completely. When they're closed completely, the watertight seals should keep out the water.

If you do run into any issues though, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be glad to help you with any issues you might have with water in your camera.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you.. i'll try to submerged my hero5 black.. i hope it will not get moist inside..
Highlighted
Explorer

Where is it getting moist? The protective lens and both doors are detachable so it's possible you have loosened and not secured them.

If you are seeing water inside either door, take the battery out before doing a submersion test! If moisture does get inside, let the camera completely dry for a couple of days before putting the battery back in.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have here the picture of the hero5 black that get moist inside. But i cannot put here in our convo.. but i will trybto take the battery out nad submerge it in water.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem with my GoPro Hero 5, which I bought last February 2, 2017. After an hour of use, for the first time, on February 4, 2017, in a pool, about five (5) feet or less than two (2) meters, I discovered that there is a leak on the lens of the camera. The seals on the inside of both doors has nothing to do with it, because the leak came from the front side of the camera, the lens. It is very evident that hero 5 is not waterproof, as advertised. It will be best for GoPro to either recall this product or stop advertising it as waterproof. With this kind of misrepresentation you are putting your brand and your company in danger of being sued. Herein attached, is a picture of GoPro Hero 5GoPro_LEAK.jpg for your reference.

Highlighted
Explorer

First, so that there is no misunderstanding, this is a user support site. We did not sell or misrepresent a camera to you because we are just users of GoPro products. I think you might want to express your legal issues with GoPro if you feel so inclined. You can reach them via the link, "Contact Sales and Support" on the front page of the support web site.

As far as your camera is concerned, the water you are showing is inside the lens protector, not the lens. Take it off and let it dry. Check the seal. If the lens protector got knocked while you were swimming it is possible some water got in. If there is something wrong with the seal just contact GoPro. It's an easy replacement.

I have had mine out in heavy surf 12-20' and haven't had any issues. GoPro has sold 1-2 million of the Hero5 Black if not more. I don't think a recall is necessary. I hope you are able to get your issue resolved quickly.

Regards,

Daniel
Highlighted
Anonymous

There is no misunderstanding whatsoever. My apology, when I say you, I'm referring to GoPro as manufacturer of the camera, it is not adressed to you or to any other users. Nonetheless, it is cristal clear that the GoPro Hero5 that I purchased is not waterproof as advertised (there are other users who experienced the same issue), and  If I need to clean the lens protector every now and then, I would rather ask for a replacement of the camera and put a dive housing before using it. I am assuming that you are not from GoPro, so it is but wise, not to speak on their behalf and if ever I want to bring any legal action, I will institute the same with the proper venue, not with the so called "Contact Sales and Support" on the front page of the support web site. Anyway, thank you for the concern. I hope you will not experience the same.