Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero5 Sessions not auto rotating

My Hero 5 Sessions is not auto rotating the video recording when I mount it upside down.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 Sessions not auto rotating

Hello @royaltree60683

It is odd how it was resolved based on your description. But when the camera is paired with the App, there is an Auto-Rotation menu that gives you three options for setting: Auto, Up and Down. 

Good thing though that it is resolved. For future reference, you can pair your camera with the app and set it according to your preference. It would help to always make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro app installed. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,
It seems it's more operator error than anything else. I find the instructions with my camera difficult to follow and the operation, at least for me, is not intuitive. My app is current and when I got your message I turned my camera on and app, and had the same lack of auto rotation again. Without finding the "rotation" settings I was able to get it to rotate by pressing the capture button, then by some miracle, I found the "auto rotate" settings, which it was set to....... There's just something I'm not picking up on in the process, but I'm further along now than before. Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

wit hthe gopro app on   could you doublecheck if you got hte auto rotate clicked , understanding you did not mention that?

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply. My camera is supposed to auto rotate and there were no settings that I could for such in the app. However, after much button pushing, and failing about, I disconnected the camera from the app and then reconnected it and that seems to have solved the problem. The camera had worked, auto rotated, before with no problems and I have no idea how it stopped.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @royaltree60683

It is odd how it was resolved based on your description. But when the camera is paired with the App, there is an Auto-Rotation menu that gives you three options for setting: Auto, Up and Down. 

Good thing though that it is resolved. For future reference, you can pair your camera with the app and set it according to your preference. It would help to always make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro app installed. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,
It seems it's more operator error than anything else. I find the instructions with my camera difficult to follow and the operation, at least for me, is not intuitive. My app is current and when I got your message I turned my camera on and app, and had the same lack of auto rotation again. Without finding the "rotation" settings I was able to get it to rotate by pressing the capture button, then by some miracle, I found the "auto rotate" settings, which it was set to....... There's just something I'm not picking up on in the process, but I'm further along now than before. Thanks for the reply.
Highlighted
Tourist