Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero5 Session internal leak?

Hi! I have a weird problem with my H5 Session. Took it to the beach the other day. Has it in a bracket bag. Took it out and there is liquid all over the housing and the camera and the cage was cracked like it was pushed from inside. Moreover, the boor and the latch are now bowed out and not flush with the case. There is the same strange liquid under the latch and the latch is moving up and down, not holding the door down all the way. The camera seems to be working though. The back plate of the camera seems to have be acid etched a bit too. I had no liquids on the bag. Anyone has any idea what's up? Is there a way to secure the latch again? I'm not rough on the camera, some family vids... Nothing extreme.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 Session internal leak?

Hello @agilestar52632

This is odd and we cannot say for certain what the liquid is. Considering that the camera is working, we can rule battery leak out. But we would like to know what the actual case is so no issue is encountered in using the camera. Our Support team here will be able to help you sort this out, including the latch issue. You can get in touch with the team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilestar52632

This is odd and we cannot say for certain what the liquid is. Considering that the camera is working, we can rule battery leak out. But we would like to know what the actual case is so no issue is encountered in using the camera. Our Support team here will be able to help you sort this out, including the latch issue. You can get in touch with the team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius