Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero5 Session Telemetry

Hi everyone!

Any update about using 2.00 and newer firmware on Hero5 Session?

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, it works if you use the current package http://tailorandwayne.com/GPMD2CSV.zip

and shutter speed + iso lock have been fixed by GoPro on the latest firmware

Highlighted
Anonymous

HI!  Sorry, I'm a noob with the Gopro, and getting confusing info with my reading.  Can you pls check if I understood correctly.

1) Hero 5 Session has no GPS.  Therefore, no dashboards
2) It has accel, Gyro, temp information that you folks are extracting.

3) But even with the info extracted, I can't plot the route (specifically the race track) I'm driving in.  So I can't get race telemetry data which you see in F1 broadcasts  (or Hero dashware) where it shows where you I am in track.  Only G-Force and acceleration, not where it happened.

Cheers,

Erwin

Highlighted
Nomad

1- Correct. No official support for Gauges

2- Correct.

3- Correct. You could track your route with your phone's gps and combine that info when editing the video with some other (or custom) solution.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi! Can it calculate speed with the accel sensor? I originally thought it needs gps for this. But if it knows where 0 speed was, it can keep track of it during the run?
Highlighted
Nomad

No. Accelerometers are not accurate enough for that, as far as I know. Small errors build up and the resulting speed and position do not make any sense
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

The GPMD2CSV is a great utility. Kudos to those that developed it.

One question in  regards to the GPS data.  I am receiving a TS of 0.  I noticed someone else posted this while back in this thread, but didn't see a follow up.  Any ideas on why 0 or how to get an actual value?

Cheers,

Mike

Capture.PNG
Highlighted
Nomad

Sorry, I can't help you. I put GPMD2CSV together but don't have a H5 Black to test it :S. Just bumping this up in case anyone knows