Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero5 Black with 2 new identical SD cards, 1 SD card works but the 2nd SD card has SD card errors

Like many others, I too am having big problems with SanDisk SD cards.  I have a new Hero5 Black with up to date firmware, and 2 identical SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-1 SD cards.  One of the SD cards works fine the in GoPro Hero5.  The 2nd SD card though has repeatedly had SD errors or would appear to record video that could later not be read.  I have reformatted it repeatedly in the Hero5, with the latest firmware, this did not fix the problem.  We then put the chip into my hubby's Canon DSLR camera, which no problem using the chip with vidoe and still photos.  2 different PCs also had no trouble reading from or writing to the bad SD chip.  After all that, put the bad chip back in the Hero5 and formatted it in the camera and it still does not work, with a SD card error.  Formatted it again in the camera, after which it again appeared to record over 30 minutes of videa, but the video could not be viewed on the camera on using Quik on the PC.

I would like an answer to this question: should I return the Hero5 or the bad SD card or both?!?   Hero5 works with one SD card but not the identical other.  One SD card works with 2 PCs and a Canon camera but not with the Hero5.  

Adventurer

Re: Hero5 Black with 2 new identical SD cards, 1 SD card works but the 2nd SD card has SD card error

cards cost a lot less  but the camera cost a lot more I get a new camera first before I get a new card.

Hiker

Re: Hero5 Black with 2 new identical SD cards, 1 SD card works but the 2nd SD card has SD card error

Well after some readings over the internet i bought Lexar ... check by yourself