Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Hero5 Black will not connect iPhone 6S Plus GoPro please help!!

Hero5 Black camera will not connect iPhone 6S Plus or even get setup. Tried several times did not work, so I did the update thinking that would help still just gets a check mark next to it but says "no internet connection" in orange under the camera name.

Please help

Thanks,

Tourist

Re: Hero5 Black will not connect iPhone 6S Plus GoPro please help!!

Hi there,

I might be able to shine some light to your issue. 

I discovered that the Hero 5 Black transmits a Wi-Fi signal and also a Bluetooth signal to connect to your handset. It is different to the older Hero's. 

You will also need the Capture app. You will need to initiate the connection from your Hero 5 under connectivity. Once that is in progress, you will be able to connect via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You may get the message "no internet connection", that is due to the GoPro not transmitting data off the internet. 

Bear in mind, once the initial setup is complete, you will not be required to do the steps above all the time.

Hope this helps !

Nomad

No this does not help

I am very experienced with GoPro cameras I understand there is bluetooth also I have 8 Hero4 cameras. they connect this same way.

Nomad

You need to connect WiFi first before you setup bluetooth. It will not "completely connect as seen in the photo attached.

No_Connection.jpg
GoPro Community Manager

In case it helps, here is a quick video I just made about the pairing process with a HERO5 Black and an iPhone.

If anyone is having trouble with pairing their own cameras, if you can share screenshots (or even a video), it may help us spot where the issues are.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

GoPro should add an explanation in the Capture app about this "No internet connection" message that appeared since iOS 10, because people are really confused by it ! Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous

I can't connect either (iphone6s with hero5 black). But My gopro has no name or password. I have done a few resets, but there is still no name or password (completely blank compared to that in the above video). .

Anonymous

mine has name + password but still i can not connect ://////// (new conn > capture > cam+phone synch > fail)

the procedure on android phone seems to be different than on iphone, dammn