Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero5 Black seems to be off but it is beeping???

I just purchased this Hero5 Black. I fumbled around a bit updating the firmware but, I have determined that the firmware is correctly updated.

The GoPro has been off (I believe) for a while ... at least the screen has been blank for a while, but ... every once and a while the GoPro beeps (I believe four times). My guess is that this beeping occurs approximately maybe every 15 minutes or so (I have not actually timed this). I am working on other things and I have heard this beeping three times and the interval between beeps seems to be fairly long.

Also, I suppose it might possibly be worth noting that I have Quik open in my iPhone.

Any ideas about what is going on here?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 Black seems to be off but it is beeping???

Hi @ckl36,

It may be possible that there is an issue with that update on the camera. What SD Card are you using? How were you trying to update the camera?

I would recommend manually updating that camera! You can do so by following the link below and selecting "Update your camera manually."

https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

There is a thread on how I updated the firmware.

It seems to have worked ok but my SD Card (a SanDisk) is still installed with the update software at the top level and also in an UPDATE folder.

I have convinced myself that I should not have this software at the top level ... so I will remove it. I will be left with the update software in only the UPDATE folder.

I will review the manual update procedure and do that procedure. Then, just in case having this update software on the SanDisk permanently might be a problem, I will remove the UPDATE folder from the SanDisk.

Highlighted
Hiker

I already did the manual update. It is possible that I need to do it again. And, if the beeping continues I will do that. 

What I did do ...

• I inserted my SDHD card in my computer SD slot and saw that GoPro must have deleted the UPDATE folder. To me, this is evidence that my GoPro successfully updated.
  • I removed the update files I placed at the top level ... so now, my SD card should be clean.

I reinstalled my SD card in my GoPro. Now, I will see how things go. I expect all is ok.