Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero5 Black Auto Changed from Video to Timelapse

Hey folks,

I was recently recording a gig that went for 60 minutes. The first 24 minutes were captured fine on Video but the remaining length of time was captured in TimeLapse Photo. I can’t figure out why this happened, I’m annoyed to of lost that footage and want to avoid it happening again. Could this have happened because after getting off stage at the end of the gig to stop the recording I pressed Mode button instead of the Record button on top? I figured there would have been more video splits because of the length of time of the recording even if I had changed the mode of the last split I would have expected to have 2-3 17 minute splits before the last segment might have been changed to timelapse. Is there any way of changing the time lapse back to video in editor?

Looking forward to learning more.

Cheers

Isaac

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 Black Auto Changed from Video to Timelapse

Hi @fastmesa0467

This appears to be totally separate recordings.

There is a chance that the mode was changed prior to the 2nd recording.

You may have also used the QuikCapture feature: 

When the camera is off and QuikCapture is enabled, you can turn the camera on and immediately begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos just by pressing theShutter/Select button. Press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero5 Black Auto Changed from Video to Timelapse

Hi @fastmesa0467

This appears to be totally separate recordings.

There is a chance that the mode was changed prior to the 2nd recording.

You may have also used the QuikCapture feature: 

When the camera is off and QuikCapture is enabled, you can turn the camera on and immediately begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos just by pressing theShutter/Select button. Press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej