Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero4 session.

On my hero4 session does the orientation I mount it have to be up, or 180degrees upside down. I.e can I mount it at 45degrees and either flip the video later or will the unit itself correct it it if I have the settings correct. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero4 session.

Hello @tigs257

Good question. The recorded file that you will have will follow whichever orientation you initially set for the camera. You can easily adjust or correct the orientation through Quik for Desktop. Have you tried the Auto rotation feature though? 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tigs257

Good question. The recorded file that you will have will follow whichever orientation you initially set for the camera. You can easily adjust or correct the orientation through Quik for Desktop. Have you tried the Auto rotation feature though? 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks. I haven't tried much to be honest. I've only used it once and then I just put it in  aholder on my handlebars and pressed record.

I'll try and have a look in the settings.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Steps to Orientate your camera footage.  go use the gopro app go choose  camera orientation to Auto and anytime you use the camera 180 degrees the  footage will be correct this camera does not do 45 degree rotation.

Highlighted
GoPro

Please do, @tigs257. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks. Got it.

Just saved from loads of 45 degree tilted footage.

Highlighted
Tourist

Or maybe 90 degrees Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Adventurer

you can  rotate it up or down but you  want  it side ways you then will do editing , rotating  good luck.