Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero4 not splitting videos into chapters

[ New ]

Hi!

I have recently filmed a clip which is 1hr 15mins on a GoPro Hero 4.  On the playback mode on the camera I can see that the clip has been recorded successfully and can see the duration is 1hr 15mins.  However, when I try to download via the GoPro software or via Image Capture there is only one clip (c15mins, 4GB).

I cannot find the other chapters for the video.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is it possible to download the full clip?

Please Help!!!!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero4 not splitting videos into chapters

[ New ]

Hello @sweetbeach0313

How are you trying to download or import your GoPro video? Are you doing it via Quik for desktop? This maybe related to file chaptering where the camera automatically segment into  a new chapter once a certain file size is reached. More information on this is discussed here. Check out the Chaptered Video file name convention for HERO4 on this article and see if you can find the files through their assigned name. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero4 not splitting videos into chapters

[ New ]

Hello @sweetbeach0313

How are you trying to download or import your GoPro video? Are you doing it via Quik for desktop? This maybe related to file chaptering where the camera automatically segment into  a new chapter once a certain file size is reached. More information on this is discussed here. Check out the Chaptered Video file name convention for HERO4 on this article and see if you can find the files through their assigned name. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius