10-27-2015 12:45 PM
Same problem here. It is a problem with the communicaiton between GoPro Importer and OS X El Capitan. Today was my first time trying to import after update from Yosemite. If I recall, the same problem occured for a few weeks after I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite. We are probably waiting for a GoPro update for the fix.
10-30-2015 12:33 PM
Thanks for your patience on this! We're currently looking into the problem you're experiencing with importing the camera content. For the time being, I would suggest making sure that your computer is fully updated. There is now a version 10.11.1 of El Capitan, so do make sure that that is the version you're working with.
If the camera still says "Searching" when you're trying to import, the work around for the moment will simply be to plug your SD card into the computer directly and upload the footage that way. You can still use GoPro Studio as the importing tool in this case.
We'll do our best to keep you posted with any news!
All the best,
GoPro Support Hub Moderator
10-31-2015 11:21 PM
Hi, I have the same issue:
- camera Hero 4 Silver with firmware 3.0, bought in USA in October 2014
- running El Capitan on MacBook Pro Early 2011, have enough space on both disks
- already done manual re-install of the firmware
- tried everything that was explained by moderator above
- autoimport from camera doesn't work when camera is connected by USB cable (it worked earlier), instead I see "Searching HERO4 Silver" and when I unplug the USB it says "Import failed" - so there is any reaction between USB port(s), cable and camera
- when I insert SD card to my card reader, autoimport starts without any problem
11-10-2015 09:10 AM
If you're having freezing issues with the camera when trying to use differen't USB ports and when plugged into your cigarette lighter as a dashcam, this sounds like a different issue than the importing lag you initially posted about.
As for the original issue with the import hang our team here at GoPro is looking into it and we recommend to continue using the microSD adapter to import your photos and videos.
With the freeze up issue you're seeing, was the manual update you performed successful? If so, did it have any effect on freeze-ups?
I'm wondering if you've tried using another cable?
Please get back to us and let us know.
11-10-2015 03:33 PM
I have had these lockup issues with the USB cable with TWO of the GoPro's I owned since September. I returned the first one because of the lockups thinking it was a bad GoPro. But I have the same exact issue on the 2nd one. The only way I can get it to work without locking up is:
1. Turn on GoPro
2. Hit record
3. Wait about 10 seconds
4. Plug in the USB power cord to charge it while recording.
If I plug in the charger before powering on, it locks up on the "USB attached" screen.