Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero4 Silver freezing issue

[ New ]
Need a little help.
Are the GoPro 4 Black and Silver image sensors the same replacement part?
I've gotten both answers. Yes and no..
I have a GP4 Black and look to replace the sensor.
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, they are identical.

Tourist

[ New ]

Sorry to hear all this - it's v familiar! Had exactly the same issue, same 'solutions' from GoPro... After a grand total of 5 images/videos this piece of crap is finished and GoPro know **bleep** well the product was never of acceptable quality. I'm solving the problem by buying a Sony and telling GoPro to go f!@$ themselves - and will make sure no-one I know falls for their marketing hype.

Tourist

[ New ]
I'll never buy from GoPro again, they didn't help at all, because they don't care, they just offered a 20% discount on a new GoPro when I just want it mine to work, I don't want to spend 500 bucks once a year for a camera that was supposed to work years, this brand is awful.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm not surprised by these negative posts. I've had a Hero 4 Black for almost 2 years. It is in fact the most frustrating, temperamental piece of tech gear i've ever owned. Always an issue paring with my Samsung 7 (which has no problem pairing with any other device i own). My latest challenge I purchase a $29 remote control truck to inspect my crawl space with. The $29 truck performed flawlessly, the GoPro Hero 4 Black which I spent all total $600-700 including accessories, stops recording after 45 seconds. What a piece of crap. I've spent more wasted hours getting very little usable good footage with this "camera". I can't even use it as a paper weight! 

Anonymous

[ New ]

SOLUTION!

I just saw a YouTube Video and the guy had the same problem - The display and the GoPro froze. So he put his he GoPro into the freezer (Don't ask me why..) and when he took it out it started to work again. First I wasn't sure if it's working but then I tested it out and my GoPro actually worked after getting it out of the freezer.

The Steps:

1. Remove the battery and the SD Card.
  2. Put the GoPro in a Zip Close Bag (Without battery/SD-Card!).
  3. Put it for 1-2 hours into the freezer (I Had it for 1,5 hours in the freezer).
  4. Take the GoPro out of the freezer.
  5. Don't put the battery back in.
  6. First wait a while and use a towel (or something similar) to remove the condensation water. Then I would wait up to one more hour so that the GoPro has room temperature.
  7. After the GoPro reached room temperature you can put the battery and the SD-Card back in and hopefully, it starts working - without a frozen display :)

Attention: If you're doing this: It's your own risk and I'm taking no responsibility if your GoPro is not working afterward. This already worked out for me and others but it doesn't mean that's working for everyone. 

P.S.: I did it 2 hours ago. If it stops working, I will tell you guys :)

Tourist

[ New ]

yep same exact problem as everyone else and especially opening poster... i have only used this thing a handful of times and all it does is freeze. Not happy at all!