Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero4 Silver freezing issue

[ New ]

What does that do?

Tourist

[ New ]

@matts15337 wrote:

Hi, i had this same issue and all go pro will do is offer you 20% of a purchase of a new camera. Absolute crap. it only lasted 13 months before i had exactly the same issues. Come on GOPRO what are you really going to do about this?

I got the hero 4 black, They offered me the same crap, and its a problem they had not just in one camera, we are a lot with this issue, we should do somethingm its a 500$ camera, im really angry with this.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have the same problem.  I did not use the came for few months and now it has "BUSY" message.  I also can not do anything because the camer freezes and I need to restart it manually after 5 sec same thing happens.  To be honest its one thing to own GoPro and another to use it.  Here is the solution to your and my problem... not made in China...  www.canon.com

Explorer

[ New ]

@Anonymous

Cannon? Seriously, that's the company you chose to suggest?  Obviously you bought the wrong camera when you purchased a GoPro which is why you did not use the camera for a few months.  You bought an action cam but gave it no....action.  What Cannon action camera are you suggesting as an alternative? Perhaps the Canon XC15 4K UHD?  I'm not sure if it can handle capturing my surfing excursions or is appropriate for filming my kids in the pool, but sure, for $2,400 I can get 4K video!  It's unfortunate that you are having an issue with your camera.  Are you using a recommended card? Are you on the latest firmware update? What did the GoPro Support Team say?  I have no problems with my GoPro cameras, including my Hero4 Silver, and unlike you, I use my cameras and I put them in extreme conditions that would not warrant a fragile Cannon camera.

Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry but this problem with the gopro is because of a bad sensor in the camera on hero 4, I've spent 1000 dollars in accessories with the camera and this piece of trash only lasted 2 months, I've read and read about how to fix this, and there's a lot of people having the same issue, so it's a GoPro bad manufacturing problem, they don't even care about it, the only offer me a 20% discount to buy another GoPro, I'll never buy from this brand again, they don't care about they're costumers.
Explorer

[ New ]

If it only lasted 2 months then it was still under warranty.  The 20% discount is only offered after the warranty has expired, which is more than they need to do.  However, they do care about their customers so that is why they offer it.  What other camera company offers you a discount on a new product over a year after you purchased the last?

Tourist

[ New ]

Dude, the camera had a massive malfunction with a lot of GoPro, usually when I bought something (and I take great care with my stuff) I don't spect to stop working out of nothing, in all the forums the people are saying that is a sensor malfunction that GoPro doesn't want to take care about it, and saying that because I bought an action camera and I didn't gave the camera the apropiate "action" mess the camera it's an awful response.

@danielr15 wrote:

If it only lasted 2 months then it was still under warranty.  The 20% discount is only offered after the warranty has expired, which is more than they need to do.  However, they do care about their customers so that is why they offer it.  What other camera company offers you a discount on a new product over a year after you purchased the last?

mess the camera it's an awful response.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the malfunction with mine, but by the time I called, it was already a year old.  If you are only at 2 months, then they will replace it for free, just call support!

I will say though, that I was pissed that after my one year warranty was up, there was nothing they could do for me, even though the problem was a factory defect.  I can understand if I did something, but this was their fault, it just took a while to become an issue.

It's not that other companies offer a better warranty, it's that other compnaies offer a better product.  You don't hear about tons of Nikon cameras just freezing because of a chip malfunction.  The company should do a recall on affected models and repair/replace the ones that are broken.  The sensor issue is something that went wrong in the factory, not something that happened to it.