Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero4 Silver freezing issue

[ New ]

Hi,

I have brand new Hero4 Silver bought from Costco yesterday night.

SD card was in the box, so I use that SD card.

Freeze after 2-3 minutes if I don't use it!

My firmware was up to date, but I did the procedure again.

Still freezing!

I see a lot of problem like this without any solution! I cannot understand why, it's a popular camera I think!

If I cannot find solution, I will return the product. Completely inacceptable to me!

Tourist

[ New ]

Try it without SD card. If it will freeze - welcome to club. if it will work then the problem with SD card, try other.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Look good until now without SD card!

The card was in the gopro package box!

gopro give card that cause problem with camera?

I have no intention to keep the camera if I have not a better solution to spend more money to fix that problem.

And it's seem that problem may appears in one year when I look all post regarding that problem.

I will not take chance with a camera at that price!

Anonymous

[ New ]

The biggest problem that I had is that I waited too long before really working with support.  It doesn't appear to be affecting all the Hero4 Silvers, but quickly searhcing these forums or on Google shows that MANY people have the same issue with the camera freezing, regardless of what SD card they use.

Unfortuneately for me, Support told me that my camera was out of warranty and asked me to return my camera to them, and in return they'd give me a 20% coupon that I could use when buying a new camera.

I took a trip to the Amazon, which was amazing, but I couldn't capture much of my trip because the camera kept freezing.  I can't imagine why I'd want to buy another camera if they can't guarantee that it's going to work and that they are going to support it.

Anonymous

[ New ]

No, I was wrong, it's freezing!!!!

ok, I go back tonight to return it!

Anonymous

[ New ]

In decembre I go at Turk&Caicos and January at Bahamas.

I will not go there with such camera!

Anonymous

[ New ]

It's too bad because that bad experience I will not buy a gopro product for long time!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello Everybody,

I have the same issue with my gopro hero 4 silver.

It looks like a (software) manufacturing issue of Gopro.

Coincidence or not, this Gopro was offered to me with a discount by Gopro to cover the bad manufacturing of my previous camera.

I'm hoping to get a suitable counteroffer from Gorpo, because i'm far from satisfied.

I have had 2 different Gopro camera's wich worked no longer then 24 filming hours.

Scandalous!

Gopro support, is there already a logical explanation for this failure?