Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero4 Silver freezing issue

[ New ]

Thank you very much, people rely on the Gopro brand to give their money and have bought this camera brand Gopro must definitely make up for the mistake!

Tourist

[ New ]

Well. Ther eis other simple way. Don't buy GoPro products. In fact Hero 4 was my first and is my last GoPro product. I do not want to spend $700 (or any other money) for new cams cause they also may have issue and GoPro leave me with that without any support or replacement. So I decided to use other brands. That's simple.

Tourist

[ New ]
That’s what i did, Hero 4 was my las GoPro cam, ill never buy from them again.
Tourist

[ New ]

I absolutely agree with you, how it is to take hundreds of dollars and leave half of the people. If I was the owner of Gopro, I would feel a great regret.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, no more gopro is bought. I'm using Sony now!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yeap. And the solution was so simple for GoPro. Just send sensor replacement with insructions. Let it was not free. May be something like $30 (it was $50 pn AliExpress that time). And they could have at least 3 more loyal customers who might bought new cams. But Hasta la vista, Gopro .

Tourist

[ New ]
I was really upset when they didn’t even care, they offered me 20% discount on my next purchase, that’s when I said, but I’ve already paid like 700 - 800 dollars for the hero pro 4 and accessories, NO MORE, this was 2 years ago, if anyone knows another brand more efficient I’m open to suggestions
Tourist

[ New ]

Exactly the same except I had 2 Gopro Hero 4 Black with identical problem.

Tourist

[ New ]

A company that has proven its brand name should have shown this ease to its users. I'm looking at it, I think if I can get a case at international level.

Tourist

[ New ]

I would recommend the DJI Osmo Plus and Sony action cameras now. Sony had no problems at all.

Tourist

[ New ]

Interesting thing that the sensor used in GoPro Hero 4 is Sony one. And Sony had the same issue with their cameras. And did recall and replace cameras with broken sensors for free.

Tourist

[ New ]

After reading about the freezing issue and other problems that I have with my silver 4. I finally solved the problem. I just laid it on the workbench and hit it with a hammer and threw it and all associated accessories in the garbage can. Go Pro is junk. Very noniitutive. And nothing but a headache. Best $400 lesson I ever learned.