Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero4 Silver Touch Screen Selection underwater

When I try to use the camera underwater, the touch screen settings are being selected without any manual input from my fingers.  i beleive this is being activated the moment I dip the camera into the water.  The water pushes the plastic memberane on the casing as if somebody pushses/selects the touch screen.  This does not happen before and only recently. We are not into deep diving, we are just in a pool.  Has somebody experienced this and what is the fix to resolve.  Thnaks for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Hero4 Silver Touch Screen Selection underwater

You need to lock the touch screen or use the solid hard back door if you are using the camera in water. You will still be able to access the menus from the front LCD like with older Hero cameras and the Hero4 Black. You lock the LCD touchscreen in the settings menu.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

You need to lock the touch screen or use the solid hard back door if you are using the camera in water. You will still be able to access the menus from the front LCD like with older Hero cameras and the Hero4 Black. You lock the LCD touchscreen in the settings menu.
Tourist

Many thanks danielr15 for the swift response and to your suggestion.  Will try it as soon as I get back home. Cheers !